pip install git+https://github.com/concentricsky/django-client-admin.git
Include Client Admin in your settings.py. It should be listed before the django.contrib.admin module so that client_admin can override the default Django admin templates.
- INSTALLED_APPS = [
Include Client Admin urls in your urls.py at the same path as normal contrib.admin
urlpatterns = patterns(‘’,
url(r’^admin/’, include(‘client_admin.urls’)), url(r’^admin/’, include(‘admin.site.urls’)),
Import and inherit from ClientModelAdmin and Inline classes.
from client_admin.admin import ClientModelAdmin, GroupedInline, TabularInline, StackedInline
- class BindingInline(GroupedInline):
- model = Binding
- class RetailerInline(TabularInline):
- model = Retailer
- class AuthorInline(StackedInline):
- model = Author
- class BookAdmin(ClientModelAdmin):
- inlines = [PhoneNumberInline, RetailerInline, MailingAddressInline]
Branding Client Admin for each project can be done by providing a replacement header menu logo. In the project’s static folder, create a client_admin/images/h1_logo_bg.png that is 40px tall and no more than 400px wide.
- Create a ‘staff’ user that belongs to a ‘staff’ group with limited permissions.
- The staff group should have access to:
- Editing and creating all site-specific structured content
- Deleting any structured content that is used as an inline
- The staff group should _not_ have access to:
- Deleting any structured content that would cascade delete. Instead, have them use an ‘is_active’ flag to remove content from the front end.
- Administration apps like Auth and Sites